A method of manufacturing Swedish timber wagon Lit. Lnps
Choose a suitable chassis, 2-axles.
Manufacture of stakes
1. Use 0.8 mm bare copper. Straightened by stretching 10%.
2. Shape the stakes by using a 14 mm wide template.
3. Use a piece of perforated board such as a Prototyping Board, pitch 2.54 mm.
4. Pick the stakes in too the board with appropriate spacing.
5. Solder stakes together with two longitudinal wires underneath.
6. Remove the stakes from the board.
7. Align the stakes and cut them to length, such as 16 mm using a template.
8. Paint in the appropriate color.
Manufacture of end protection net
1. Shape the framework using template.
2. Cut a suitable piece of already painted mosquito net.
3. Glue the net on to the frame.
1. Drill the appropriate holes for attaching end protection nets.
2. Assemble the end protection nets. Glue if necessary.
3. Glue the stakes against the chassis.
Production of timber stacks
1. Cut round toothpicks to appropriated lengths suitable for two bundles per wagon.
2. Colour to the appropriate color such as dark brown stain.
3. Glue the bundles by a template to fit the stacks on the wagon.
Author Rolf A.